Abby’s House is Worcester’s largest provider of affordable housing specifically designed to meet the needs of women and children.
Abby’s operates 7 two-bedroom apartments and 70 single room units in four buildings in Worcester, which serve women and children from across Central MA. The rental fees we collect only cover 48% of these costs. The remainder is covered by foundation and corporate grants, special events and individual contributions.
Women living in our housing receive wrap-around services, which include:
- Advocacy and individualized service planning
- Membership in our Women’s Center
- Food Service
- Clothing Assistance through the Thrift Shop
- Support around Domestic Violence and other issues
- Access to partner agencies, such as the YWCA, Tower Hill Botanical Garden, Worcester Art Museum, etc.
The average stay for a woman living in our housing is two years. 98% of the women we serve move into independent housing. The reason we have such a high success rate is because we provide each woman with the individualized support and services she needs to regain her independence.
To make a donation to support our affordable housing program, use the blue donation button to the right.
To apply for housing, please visit us at 52 High Street in Worcester, MA to obtain and complete a housing application.