Supporting Abby's House
Abby's House is able to operate as a result of generous support from individuals, groups, corporate and private foundations, and through the collection of fees. A significant portion of our revenue comes from community, civic and religious groups, and individuals like you! These come in the form of:
- Contributions from individuals
- Donations made in honor or remembrance of others
- Proceeds from fundraising events organized by community groups
- Bequests and other planned gifts
- Matching gifts
- Donations from our appeals and the envelope we include in our newsletter
- Sale of House pins
- Funds raised through events
Approximately one quarter of our budget comes from fees for service:
- The coin-op laundry rooms we run in our buildings
- Women’s Center memberships
Approximately 20% of our budget comes through corporate and private foundation grants. Each year, we secure grant funding from upward of 50 private and corporate foundations.
Finally, volunteers contribute more than $440,000 worth of labor each year. As you can see, people make a world of difference at Abby’s House! There are a number of ways YOU can support the work we do at Abby’s House:
- Make a monetary donation by using the "donate" button to the right
- Take advantage of your employer’s matching gifts program to increase the amount of your gift
- Select Abby's House as the beneficiary of your United Way contribution
- Make an In-Kind donation of food or other much-needed items
- Make a donation of clothing or small, household goods to the Thrift Shop.
- Organize a fundraising event in your community
- Sign up for our e-news alerts by clicking on the Brightspot box on the right-hand side
- Become Part of the Abby’s Action Network by “liking” our Facebook Page
- Make a Planned Gift: some of our long-time supporters have made gifts of annuities, life insurance, retirement plans, stock dividends, and securities as a way of providing long-term, significant support to Abby’s House while receiving tax and other financial benefits. The simplest way of making a planned gift is to ask your attorney to include Abby’s House in your will as part of your estate planning.
It is only with the generous support of our donors that we can continue to fulfill our mission of providing shelter, housing and advocacy to homeless women and children from across Central MA. We invite you to partner with us today!